Most people who wear makeup will know what blush, bronzer and highlight is, but some people may not be using the products to there full potential. Here’s so quick tips on how
- There is more to picking a shade of blushes than you might think. Consider your skin tone and eye colour. If you have a warmer, yellow undertone a warmer yellow toned blusher will suit you. People with cooler undertones, cooler shade with hints of purple or blue will suit you better.
- You can get powder,cream, gel and liquid blusher, it depends on your personal preference. Powders last a bit longer and are easiest to apply. Cream and gel blusher are great for summer time and give a more dewy 2nd skin effect.
- Apply blusher to the apples of your cheeks and blend upwards to your cheek bones. Keep the blush a least two fingers away from your nose, to keep it looking natural. Also use a smaller brush to ensure accuracy and more control when applying.
- When choosing your shade of bronzer, it depends on what you want it for. Some people may use a bronzer to warm there complexion and others may use it for contouring. If you want to warm up your complexion you can get away with a bit more orange and slight shimmer, but don’t go to orange because you don’t want to look like a Oompa-Loompa!. If you want to contour use a cooler toned bronzer with no shimmer.
- You can get powder, cream and gel bronzes. Cream and gel bronzer&highlig have a higher pigmentation so if you are unsure of bronzer go for powder because it is quick to apply and you can control the amount.
- If you want a sun kissed glow apply bronzer were the sun naturally hits your face, cheeks bones,forehead and jawline. If you want to contour for a slimmer face apply bronzer to the hollow of your cheeks, temples blending into the forehead and under the jawline. Apply down sides of the nose to make the nose appear slimmer.
Highlighter is not as widely used as blush or bronzer but it should be! Highlighting can give your skin a natural glow and provide more contrast helping to define your facial features and make the features of your face you want noticed more stand out.
- If you want a subtle highlight choose something close to your skin tone, but if you want something more dramatic go for a gold, rose or silver toned highlighter. Try to avoid highlighters with lots of glitter or very metallic ones because you can create a beautiful glow that looks like your skin is glowing. You can also use a concealer that is 2 shades lighter than your skin tone to highlight.
- Highlighters also come in powder,cream and liquid form. I would say powder is my favourite but cream gives a natural highlight with no glitter. Liquid can have a higher pigmentation.
- Apply highlighter to the high points of your face on your cheek bones, brow bone, cupides bow and down the bridge of the nose.
Please follow,like and comment <3<3
If you have any questions or suggestions please comment <3<3
Follow me on Twitter @thatsbeauty_kirstin