I thought today I would do something a little different to what I normally do. I’m going to show you how to make super cute meringue kisses with a marshmallow surprise instead! These are perfect for birthday parties, as a gift or you know for treating yourself (they are so yummy!)
- 3 egg whites
- caster sugar ( double the weight of your egg whites)
- a pinch of sea salt
- table spoon vanilla extract
- mini marshmallows
- piping bag +icing tip (you don’t need an icing tip)
- grease proof paper
- baking tray
- mixing bowl (metal or glass)
- a stand mixer or hand held with whisk attachment ( if you’re strong just a whisk)
- couple of small bowls (for caster sugar and egg whites)
- Okay, first pre heat the oven to 100 degrees Celsius or gas mark 1/2
- Next get out your bowl and before any meringue making can go on, clean the bowl with lemon juice to make 100% sure that no fat or oils are in the bowl. As fats and oils stop meringues getting to there fluffiest.
- Once your bowl is sparkling we need to separate the egg yolks and whites, put all the egg whites in a bowl and weight them. What ever weight you get double that is the weight of your caster sugar.
- Now put just your egg whites in a bowl and whisk until they form fluffy peaks, this will take at least 10 minutes.
- Once your egg whites have formed fluffy peaks, weight out your sugar. Only add in three table spoons at a time and mix for at least two minuets in between, make sure you add a small pinch of sea salt in too. This make sure we will get nice stiff and shiny peaks at the end also half way through adding in your sugar add in your vanilla extract. Do this until all your sugar is gone.
- Next you need to perpare your piping bag (if you don’t have one use a sandwhich and prepare it in the same) if you don’t have an icing tip just cut a half an inch hole at the bottom of your piping bag. If you have an icing tip cut a hole at the bottom of your bag and insert the tip. I used a plan round tip but you can use what ever kind you like.
- Now carefully put the meringue mixture in the piping bag with your spatula, being very careful not to squash the mixture so it will stay nice and fluffy.
- Perpare your baking tray by putting four blobs of meringue at the corners of your baking tray and placing the grease proof paper on top, this will make sure the grease proof paper will stay in place.
- Now place the mini marshmallows in rows on the tray with one inch between each one.
- Take your piping bag and pipe right on top of the marshmallow, start by piping half an inch or so above the marshmallow until it is completely covered and slowly pull away to get a nice peak.
- Now sprinkle them with rainbow sprinkles!
- Put them in the oven for 30 minuets ( mine took 33 minuets) or until they come away for the paper cleanly.
- Now all you need to do is let them cool and serve on a cute plate or inside mason jar.