We all have those days when we press the snooze button too many times, or the days when we are so tried our usual routines are just too much to handle. Well, today I wanted to share some tips on how to cut your beauty routine down to save you extra time (especally if you sleep in)…
- Use an in shower moisturiser, this will save you from having to use a body butter/lotion when your out the shower. Great for when you have slept in or save you five minuets in the evening so you can get to your bed that bit earlier. If you are running really late use a body butter that is scented, like the Body Shop’s mango body butter. You will smell great all day and won’t need to remember to put perfume on when running super late. Another tip is if you want your perfume to last longer use the body lotion (you usally get them with a perfume set) and the perfume together, your perfume will last all day.
- Use a moisturiser with SPF, Most days I wear a moisturiser then I apply my SPF. But lets be honest when your in a rush or just can’t be bothered (we all have those days),using a moisturer with SPF, such as the clinique Prep Start with SPF 20, will take a step out of your skincare routine.
- A face palette is a great time saver as you have three products all in the one place (with some palettes you can get eyeshadow too), this is also super handy for traveling. I love the Urban decay Flushed palette in NATIVE, my bronzer/contour, blush and highlight are all in the one palette. Make sure your eyeshadow palette has a shade you can use for your eyebrows. Simply take an eyebrow brush or an eyeliner brush and fill in the sparse areas. For lips take a lip balm that has a tint, giving your lips moisture and slight colour at the same time. A concealer that can multi task as an eye primer, covers blemishes and dark circles is a super time saver, such as the Nars Soft Matte Complete concealer.
- Using a hair oil that fights frizz and adds shine is great for when you don’t have time to use heat on your hair. Also if your hair is greasy use a dry shampoo then a salt spray. This will take away your oily roots and add some needed movement to your hair.
- Micellar water is a life savour, I have no idea what I would do without it. Before you wash your face use micellar water to take your makeup off. Also if you don’t have time to clean your makeup brushes, use micellar water on a cotton pad and your brushes will be ready to use until you wash them again. Then if you can’t get your mascara off use some coconut oil, rub it into your lashes and wipe away with micellar water.